Administrator, Secondary Principal
JOB DESCRIPTION – Secondary Principal
Established in 2004 as Oasis International School (OIS) with 65 students, OIS was originally located in an office building in the city of Ankara during its first twelve years. In 2016, with a growing student population and the need for more space, OIS relocated outside of the city to a spacious campus, with two main buildings separated by a sports area. The main building houses the administrative offices, separate sections for elementary and secondary classrooms, two lunchrooms, a recreational area, and a small sports area for elementary students. The second building has two sports courts, locker rooms, and a 240-seat auditorium. OIS is the leading international school in Ankara, offering a rigorous American PreK-12 curriculum taught by well trained teachers from English speaking universities, mostly from the United States.
As a key member of the OIS leadership team, provide vision and leadership for an international secondary program with a diverse student population preparing for universities worldwide.
- Assist the school administration in accomplishing the academic goals of the school
- Assist in supervision of teaching faculty and staff
- Assist in organizing professional development for faculty
- Foster positive relationships with students, parents and the community
Specific Skills Needed:
- Able to collaborate with a team (highly values team building)
- Serve a tremendously diverse student population
- Lead the faculty in a passion for teaching truth
- Current state or provincial issued certification
- Current ACSI certification
- Master’s degree (in an educational field)
- Experience in teaching and administration in an international or cross-cultural environment