ELL Teacher, Elementary
ELL Teacher, Elementary
Located in the Klang Valley, about 40 minutes drive from Kuala Lumpur city center, Oasis International School - Kuala Lumpur is located in the new township of Bandar Rimbayu. OIS-KL serves international and Malaysian families with an American educational program for students in Kindergarten to 12th grade. In only its second year of operations, OIS has already grown to 220 students from 20 different countries! OIS is staffed by U.S. certified teachers, created to be academically challenging, integrated with cutting-edge technology, and centered in developing character in our students. Although Malaysia is a majority Muslim country, it has a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, and multi-religious and tolerant society. This meeting of worlds is ideal for the students to gain cultural, educational, and spiritual understanding while under the guidance of loving and caring OIS teachers and staff.
*OIS operates under the Oasis Model of NICS/Oasis schools.
All teachers at OIS are expected to:
- Act in accordance with the school’s mission and values;
- Comply with all policies and procedures;
- Plan and prepare properly for instruction (including submitting lesson plans and designing curriculum);
- Maintain a learning environment that encourages learning;
- Uphold professional standards of appearance, punctuality, courtesy, and discretion;
- Carry out all co-curricular responsibilities, including: leading programs and events, assigned supervision duties (lunch, playground, etc); and
- Maintain professional credentials and/or certification(s), including: applicable educator licensure, Google Certified Educator Level 1, and Apple Teacher.
What are the general responsibilities of the job? This may include expectations outside of the classroom.
Oasis Teachers exhibit a mindset of excellence by continuously striving to:
- Intentionally design learning experiences to engage all students in becoming 21st-century learners.
- Demonstrate a pioneering attitude toward areas of impact, professional practice, and ministry.
- Lead and collaborate with others within their sphere of influence.
- Effectively communicate with all members of the Oasis community to support and promote the mission and values of the school and organization.
- Display a Christlike (moral) character, acting with a high level of integrity and love toward the Oasis community.
- Foster respect, value, and empathy for all cultures in the classroom and Oasis community.
- Tend to the diverse needs of all students to support holistic growth and to achieve maximum potential.
1. Bachelor degree or equivalent
2. Current North American state/provincial certification or teaching license
3. Approved Oasis M or NICS/Oasis Associate status
4. Prior experience preferred
State Teachers License or Bachelors Degree in Education or Related Field
State Teachers License
Masters Degree in education related field
3 Years of Experience
International teaching experience