Administrator, Secondary Principal (2022-2023)
JOB DESCRIPTION – Secondary Principal
OASIS International Schools (OIS) has established a school in Kuala Lumpur (KL), Malaysia, called Oasis International School Kuala Lumpur (OISKL). Although OASIS considered starting a school in KL in the mid-1990's, a recent opportunity revived our effort. KL is the epicenter of the international community in Malaysia, which makes it the perfect location for an OASIS school. KL is filled with expatriates, and there is a growing demand for quality international education to accommodate foreign direct investment.
The Secondary Principal will provide leadership and drive the overall development and success of the Middle School and High School programs. The Secondary Principal will support and implement the mission and vision of Oasis International School-Kuala Lumpur and OASIS International Schools, Inc. The Secondary Principal will make student-centered decisions based on the OIS’ Mission, Vision, and SLOs.
Head of School
Salaried, 12-month, 230 days
Basic Administrator Expectations
These are non-negotiable tasks required of administrators for the school and classroom to operate effectively. All administrators at OIS are expected to:
- Support and act within the school’s mission and values;
- Carry out the annual administrative agenda items at the School Head’s direction;
- Uphold the school’s professional standard of personal presentation, punctuality, professional courtesy and discretion;
- Represent the school effectively to its constituents;
- Develop and evaluate personnel; report issues to the School Head in a timely way;
- Maintain a professional demeanor on and off campus;
- Maintain professional credentials, as appropriate;
- Honor the confidentiality of school, student, family, and employee information;
- Comply with all policies and procedures;
- Engage in self-reflection and annual development of a growth and renewal plan based on the Characteristics of Professional Excellence; and
- Develop a healthy faculty culture based on increasing the capacity of each person.
- A Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership.
- Experience in School Administration and Supervision preferred.
- Meet the certification standards set by the CIS, ACSI, or a USA Regional Accreditation agency.
- Preferred minimum 2 years’ experience teaching and 2 years in administration.
- Ability to contribute to the OIS Strategic Plan. Ability to clearly communicate and represent OIS well to the community.
- Cross-cultural understand and the ability to manage a diverse staff.
- Able to demonstrate a level of digital literacy necessary to support their staff.
- Behavior and beliefs that align with Oasis International Schools Mission, Vision, and Core Beliefs.