Executive Assistant (January 2020)
Job Description - Executive Assistant
Kunming is located in southern China. Although at 25 degrees north latitude, it is very temperate because of its elevation (6,200 feet / 2,000 meters). Kunming is the capital of Yunnan province, and is a moderate sized city in China with an urban population of about 7.2 million. With an enrollment of 300 students from K3 to Grade 12, KIA has met the educational needs of expatriate families for 25 years. The school is fully accredited through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
The Executive Assistant assists the School Director by ensuring effective and efficient operation of the Director’s Office. The Executive Assistant answers directly to the School Director.
The Executive Assistant shall be responsible for the following:
- Carrying out the mission, philosophy, and aims of the school in a manner that honors Christ.
- Maintaining normal office hours, usually from Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am until 4:30 p.m. Special events or circumstances may require other hours of work.
- Maintain a ‘family-friendly environment’ which includes providing exceptional customer service all who come to the Director’s Office.
- Receiving people in the director’s office, answering questions or directing inquiries to the appropriate people.
- Assisting the director with:
- Monthly Reports to Home Office
- Communication to Staff, Parents, and school related organizations
- Maintenance of school calendar
- Assisting with maintenance of human resource files
- Checking and sorting emails and placing in order of priority
- Assisting with the accreditation paperwork and meetings
- Creating charts, tables, and electronic files
- Editing policy, staff, and other manuals
- Keeping the director’s calendar and daily providing a list of appointments
- Not discussing student, faculty or staff information with individuals that are not a part of KIA, and who do not have a need to be involved as a participant in the conversation. Confidentiality of student, faculty or staff information must be observed at all times.
- Assist in the office in such a way as to make KIA appear as a professional institution in all respects.
- Observing all policies and procedures as outlined in the Staff Handbook.
Doing other tasks as requested by the School Director.
- Able to effectively communicate using oral and written English
- Able to work well with co-workers and accept supervision.
- Able to effectively organize information.
- Able to effectively identify problems and propose solutions.
- Able to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel and School Information Systems software.
- Demonstrate professionalism in …
- relationships (courteous and respectful of others)
- dedication to the purpose of the job and to self-improvement;
- personal and work area appearance;