Administrator, Secondary Principal
JOB DESCRIPTION – Secondary Principal
This vibrant school in East Asia is located in a large metropolitan area with a mild climate. It has a large student body and serves the children of expatriates from over 25 countries. Like all other OASIS schools, it is regionally accredited and offers a solid, college preparatory curriculum. The elementary school follows an American school calendar starting in mid-August and ending in early June. The school offers a full program of electives including foreign language, music, library, physical education, art, English for Language Learners, and computers. After school clubs include reading, ballet, soccer, drama, foreign language, orchestra, and much more. Every spring, students participate in a service-learning project in order to invest in the community. The middle school serves grades 6-8 and provides a safe homeroom environment focused on core classes and project-based learning. Additionally, the high school offers AP classes, sports, drama, student government and other service learning activities. The school seeks qualified teachers, who are well prepared academically, as well as being caring individuals who focus on the needs of the students in their classrooms. Teachers who have a heart for children and a desire to see them grow intellectually, socially, and physically will find this an ideal place to work. Faculty come to be a part of a true community.
The Secondary Principal’s primary role is to lead the secondary staff and faculty and to complete tasks which are essential to the Secondary Division. The Secondary Principal reports to the School Director and is responsible for managing the daily business of the secondary division. Along with working directly for/with the School Director, the Secondary Principal will provide leadership to develop and maintain a stellar secondary educational program which maintains high educational standards and encourages staff and students towards being their best.
- Leads the organization and execution of secondary-level activities and events
- Attends Admin Team meetings to discuss, plan and implement school-wide academic programs.
- Assists in overseeing teacher coverage/personnel for teachers absent from their responsibilities.
- As assigned, performs observations, walk throughs, and contributes to the evaluations and supervision of applicable teacher assistants, instructional staff, and volunteers.
- Recommends upkeep and development of facilities and equipment related to the secondary division.
- Plans agendas and conducts secondary school staff meetings.
- Ability to clearly communicate and represent the school well to the community.
- Ability to assist in managing a diverse staff.
- Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of computer literacy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Master’s Degree in School Leadership is preferred.
- Experience in School Administration and Supervision is preferred (Preferred minimum 2 years of experience teaching and 2 years in administration).
- Meets the certification standards set by WASC and other accreditation agencies.
School Director, Elementary Principal, Guidance Counselor, Secondary Staff, Secondary Assistants
Reports to and Supervised By:
School Director (evaluated annually)
Salaried (12 month), initial 2-year contract, renewable annually thereafter